Enquiry about Omron PLC

mapletak

M
I am thinking of using stepper motor to control a turntable. I want to connect the stepper motor to my PLC. I am using Omron CS1G series PLC. How should i connect? Thanks!

You will need a CS1W-NC113 for one axis, a CS1W-NC213 for two axises or a CS1W-NC413 for four axises. You will also need CX Position software.

For Jay Anthony

Hi Jay Anthony, Thanks for ur reply. Are you from Omron? I have some other questions wanna ask you. Currently my turntable is controlled by a DC motor from Leeson Electric Corporation with power 0.125 hp, speed 1800 rpm and reduced to 60 rpm by gearbox. I want to replace the DC motor by either Servor Motor or Stepper Motor so that i can connect the motor to my Omron PLC. You did mention some series number to me....are there stepper motor series that can be found from Omron website? Do u have email contact? So that i can explain to you my situation in detail? Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you.

Do u have email contact? So that i can explain to you my situation in detail? Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you.
I'm sure that most here would agree that posting your details in the forum yields quite a lot more answers than individual email.

My gut feeling is that your application needs a servo motor rather than a stepper motor. Look at the W-Series Servos or the Smart Step Servos at the Omron website.

If you buy the servo motor from OMRON and connect it to position control unit, you can reduce the wiring time as they can provide the ready made cable. I think it should not be a problem for you to use other brand of servo motors as position control unit can support all pulse-trained types servo motors.

NC-113,NC-213 etc are the model of position control modules attached to PLC. If you want to use Analog Control on servo motor, you would need MC series Motion Control module.