The tags of I/O point

Shawn

Hi buddies,

As far as I know, Controllogix 5550 doesn't use I/O points' address as a SLC PLC, it uses tags for all Timers, Counter, Relays, and I/O point.

The problems is, How I can find a Tag for a unused Input point so that I can use it.

Thanks.

Each card in the I/O tree is given a name. From that name each I/O point is the name with the I/O extension, example(name.0). Individual tagnames can alias each I/O point name. If the tag is for a direct I/O point there will also be an alias listed for that point. If you sort by alias you will see if there are any additional I/O points available, or not used because they will not be listed.

Hi Buddy,

Thanks for you reply. Do as you told me, I can find the tags for the module. But the new problem is, why they setup 3 tags for each module.

As example, module(7):1756-OB16E LocalOutput07
Module Defined Tags
|___Local:7:C
|___Local:7:I
|___Local:7:O

Thanks again.

---------------------------------

An Output Card has a
C for card Configuration and Status
O for the Outputs
I for Simulating Outputs - I have not played with these at all, so I am not positive of this.

An Input Card only has
C for card Configuration and Status
I for Inputs

Some cards, like a DNB (DeviceNet Scanner), will also have a S for Status.

Hope this helps.