Differences

KIERON

Hi I am currently studying HNC electrical engineering, and have been asked to find out the meaning of Unitary(or single box), modular, and rack mounted PLC's, and why are the different forms in existence. COuld anybody help me out please?

Actually Kieron, there is no need to identify yourself as a student. The question you ask has identified you, not only as a student, but specifically as a student in the HNC electrical engineering course. No one, other than a student of that course, ever asks that question.

Except for 'modular PLC', those terms are not in general use among real-world users of PLCs. The reasons for the existence of different sizes/shapes/packaging styles of PLC are primarily commercial rather than technical.

There are numerous posts in the archives here with answers to your question. Be careful though, some of the answers are bogus!

actually

i think other students do the course as well i do a national diploma in mechanical engineering and we have to find out the same things accept we have to find out costs and the versatility for their jobs
:)

cheers