panel view 550

alanc5

I have a problem were I'm trying to upload a panel view program from a 550 using RIO passthru. It will let me upload the program but, when I try to open it I get: the file is not a panelbuilder32 file or file is corrupt. We have about 8 in the plant and I have no problems uploading and opening any of the others.. Any Ideas???

Are you sure that no one else in the plant has a higher rev on panel builder than you do? What revision of panel builder are you using?

This seems like an error you would get if say you have 3.6 version panel builder, and your buddy at your plant has 3.71 version. Your buddy made some changes and re downloaded to the panel view with version 3.71. Tomorrow, you try and hook up with 3.6 and can not read the program....

Happens to me all the time...

Just a suggestion for something to check into.

Great! glad I could help. Like I said...I got a buddy I work with that keeps update to date faster than me on Rockwell Software releases, and when a release of panel builder comes out. He beats me everytime, and everytime I hookup and get the same error...I could beat him over the head everytime he does that too me....

Good luck!

I have run into this problem about older version compatability
in the past using rslogix500, either using new ladder programs
on older versions, or older ladders on newer versions of the software.
I don't know if the panelview software has the same problems or not.

Here is what I have found to work in most cases.

Use the "Save As" feature and check the Save as external files box
( Look on the lower part of the screen for that box).

That way you can import it into your version or export it to whoever
else might need it.
It might not work for all versions.
Good luck.