OT: President who?

Rick Densing said:
Please not here, too.....

Scott Walker (Milwaukee county executive, for you Illinois Flatlanders and other out-of-towners) said that some precincts saw a 115% voter turn out. That, surprisingly, is not unusual. But, it is strange in a city that has seen its population DECLINE.

Unless Ohio is contested, I suspect they'll wait until after the election results are certified to start an investigation.

AK

Originally posted by akreel:
...some precincts saw a 115% voter turn out.

From what I've been told Wisconsin is one of those states where voter turnout percentages mean nothing. The percentage is based on registered voters. Since you can register the day you vote this percentage simply says that many of the pre-registered voters actually voted AND alot of people who hadn't pre-registered ALSO came out and voted.
You would think they would base that number on the eligable voters in the precinct/ward. But that would make it too simple, I guess.

Keith

Ohio Voters

I am from Defiance, Ohio. You may have heard of this small town recently, in the national news. Seems there was a character hired to register voters, and he was "allegedly" paid in crack cocaine for this service. You would not believe how relieved I am, to now know, that in Defiance, Bush won by almost a two/one margin.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Proud of the colors I show.

Keith,

That's why it's not unusual. Wisconsin's system is just screwy, though. We have almost every rule (or lack of) that is easily exploited by fraud: same day registration, no ID checks, etc...

I had my ID in hand at the polls and they never asked to see it. That made me a little mad, considering the news we'd been hearing about pre-election day fraud.

AK