Retrofitting Used Machine with Powerflex 755

Helliana

We recently purchased a used piece of equipment and i am trying to modernize the control system, but I'm not very familiar with it. This machine has an odd motor design and I'm trying to configure a PF755 to operate it, but I'm unsure of what parameters i need to change. According to the little documentation I received, the main winding's are of the lotus o-deltoid type. Also, I was told the machine has a lot of sidefumbling before it was decommissioned, could this be a spurving bearing failure or are one of the grammeters out of calibration? Does anyone have a source for EthernetI/P grammeters?

Turboencabulator

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

The turboencabulator or turbo-encabulator (and its later incarnations, the retroencabulator or retro-encabulator and Micro Encabulator) is a fictional machine whose alleged existence became an in-joke and subject of professional humor among engineers. The explanation of the supposed product makes extensive use of technobabble.

The gag was popular for many years. The following quote is from the original Students’ Quarterly Journal article written by J. H. Quick. The citation in the later Time article misspells several of the technical terms. General Electric, Chrysler and Rockwell Automation use many of the same words.[1]

The original machine had a base plate of prefabulated aluminite, surmounted by a malleable logarithmic casing in such a way that the two main spurving bearings were in a direct line with the pentametric fan. The latter consisted simply of six hydrocoptic marzlevanes, so fitted to the ambifacient lunar waneshaft that side fumbling was effectively prevented. The main winding was of the normal lotus-o-delta type placed in panendermic semi-bovoid slots in the stator, every seventh conductor being connected by a nonreversible tremie pipe to the differential girdlespring on the "up" end of the grammeters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turboencabulator

Try again, darlin?

I was at the A-B factory in Mequon, WI a few years ago and one of the engineers working with me said he was on a team working on features that were being added to the 750s. I suggested that they add, as an "Easter egg", a parameter called "Grammeter calibration" in tribute to the RetroEncabulator. It would do absolutely nothing other than maybe make the display flash something like "Grammeters Calibrated" for a second, but wouldn't that be fun to stumble across in a manual? They didn't do it though, too serious...

do you have a motor nameplate or legend to look at?
does the motor hum have a wiring diagram?
can you not look at the controls and see what is in the control panel as far as the motor contactor wiring?

if you have any information, please post.

james