Scaling

al_d

Im using an OMRON CQM1 PLC. Im using an analog probe to measure products and if they are to small or to large they must be rejected. For this a scaling (fun(66)) function is needed but how does scaling work?? What does it do??

You do not have to use the scaling function if you wish. Scaling is normally used so that SCADA systems and screens can read straight BCD numbers out of the PLC or you can scale amps for example and do not have to work out what the value is from the hex value.

If your analogue card uses 0-4000 for full range, you can compare at 1000 for example and then use a less than flag to indicate below 25% input. This can be your alarm without scaling.

Chaeck the manual for the numerical range of the input card and go from there.

Similar Topics

Hi all. I'm working on a rehab and I'm trying to figure stuff out. See screenshot at the bottom. Local:5:I.Data[6] in BTD instruction is a...
Replies
Views
Hello all, First post here. Hitting a wall with finding info on this topic online, and none of my coworkers have a clue. I have a PanelView...
Replies
Views
Hello, We monitor the temperature of a pipe via a 4-20mA temperature transducer. This goes into DB135(Read Analog Inputs). The issue I have is the...
Replies
Views
5069 IF8 with a 4-20ma 0-100psi, sealed fixed, no calibration, transducer attached. IF8 is scaled 4ma= 0 psi, 20ma=100psi. If over time the...
Replies
Views
I have 1769-IF4 module and 1766 micrologix 1400 series B controller, when connecting Analogue input in module it's showing maximum values of...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom