Restore PanelView Project From HMI Projects Folder

dabomb4097

I'm trying to figure out how to restore an improperly saved copy of an FTView ME project. Rather than using Application Manager to create an APA file, my predecessors simply made a copy of the RSView Enterprise\ME\HMI Projects\ProjectName folder and saved it to a different disk. If I just dump the folder back into HMI Projects FTView does not recognize it as being there.

Is there any way I can use these files to recover this project?

The only thing I know you can do is make a new project. Once you have done that then right click on Displays in new project and use the add component feature to select displays from that backup project gfx folder.

Then under Tools select import / export and there is a merge tag database selection, it uses the .med files.

There should also be a .xml file in the alarm folder if used and you can import that into the new project.

If any parameters are used the add component will also work for them.

In FTView Studio, at the dialog to create a new project there is an Import button.
Click that and select the *.med file from the project folder you want to import.

Thanks Arlen, I have never used that featured. That's the great thing about this site. You can teach an old dog new tricks.