pview 600+compact logix 5330 gurus

eastkodakguy

Hey all,
I have an upcoming project for a customer who wants a compact logix and a panelview 600 for a automatic caseformer, I have started on some of the programming and I have a few questions about the tag addresses in both the compact logix processor and panelview. I have looked in the help sections of panelbuilder 32 and rslogix 5000 for this info, neither one were of much help. Let me know if I am understanding this right?
1.) You can use a "tag address" syntax like ( PV_START_MACHINE ) in the panelview with an ethernet and controlnet protocol BUT, not in DF1 or DH+.( I will be using DF1)

Ok so if the above is correct I will have to use AB's "standard" addressing ( B3:0/0 ) how would this address look in rslogix 5000
B3[0]?? Again if this B3[0] is right, I can only use B3[0] TO B3[15] before having to go to say for instance B4[0] right?

2.) In panelbuilder 32 when you edit a tag address you have options like bit and BOOL are these not the same thing?

well I guess this should get me started, any help would be appreciated

Speaking from limited experience with this set up...

I think it's best to use the "Map to SLC/PLC" for all of the tags that the Panelview will be using. I would create the Tags in CPTLGX to somehow correspond with the B,N, etc.(it looks like thats what you're doing) that you will be using in the Panelview. For bits and integers, create INT arrays. So for instance, B3[0].0 in the CLGX is the same as B3:0/0, and N7[2] is the same as N7:2 etc.

I know there are ways to get the native RSL5000 tag names to work, but you'll pull your hair out trying to figure it out.

As always, If I am incorrect, I'm sure someone will correct me. It's been a while since I've been through it.