Step 7 Simulator Online Connection

Hi All,

I have migrated to a new laptop and today tried the simulator for the first time. It seems no matter what I do I cant get it to download and the internet is turning up a blank along with a couple of searches on here.

When I start the simulator it starts up fine and the PC/PG interface switches itself over as per usual but it wont download, it doesnt even try. It just comes up "The connection to the target module could not be established". I have tried all of the different PC/PG interfaces including the ones that end _internal.1.

I have uninstalled the simulator and reinstalled, I have uninstalled Simatic Manager and reinstalled it. I have restarted my PC many times, tried it in safe mode. I am running a professional combo license which I have checked and all seems OK.

Windows 7. Lenovo Thinkpad P50S.

Any other ideas? I could really do with it this week.

Thanks in advance.

Hm, as long as you use the same interface in Set PG/PC interface, and PLCSIM, it should work. I would stop trying to use the _internal.1 interfaces. Ex: use PLCSIM.MPI.1 from Set PG/PC interface with PLCSIM(MPI) in PLCSIM.

One weird thing to try is to turn off Windows Firewall, and disable any antivirus/internet security programs temporarily and try.

Hm, as long as you use the same interface in Set PG/PC interface, and PLCSIM, it should work. I would stop trying to use the _internal.1 interfaces. Ex: use PLCSIM.MPI.1 from Set PG/PC interface with PLCSIM(MPI) in PLCSIM.

One weird thing to try is to turn off Windows Firewall, and disable any antivirus/internet security programs temporarily and try.
Tried every interface option with no luck. Cant turn off my antivirus as it is a group policy item. I could try a bit harder, but I doubt it will happen anytime soon.

Windows Firewall made no difference.

Good idea though.

What method did you use to uninstall and reinstall the Siemens software?

I recommend this method (mostly for future reference, if you decide to uninstall again):

https://support.industry.siemens.co...ing-all-the-software-packages-?dti=0&lc=en-WW

Are you an administrator user on you PC?
Yes I am an administrator. Tried running everything with the right click "Run as admin" but it was the same.

Wow I didnt know that uninstall was so complex. Needless to say I didnt do that, I just went through control panel. I will keep that link on standby if I need to do it.

Looks like I will have to get my old 400 test PLC out and chop up my program to fit it into it.

Try this:

Set PC/PG interface to PLCSIM.MPI.1
Set PLCSIM dropdown to PLCSIM(MPI)

Open Simatic Manager and click the Accessible Nodes icon (3rd icon from the left, next to "new" and "open" icons). Should open a new window with "MPI = 2" in it.

Try this:

Set PC/PG interface to PLCSIM.MPI.1
Set PLCSIM dropdown to PLCSIM(MPI)

Open Simatic Manager and click the Accessible Nodes icon (3rd icon from the left, next to "new" and "open" icons). Should open a new window with "MPI = 2" in it.
Nope. Nothing.

It seems the simulator and simatic manager are not talking. Even though when I change the interface in one of the other it changes it in the other one respectively.

You could try in Windows Control Panel -> Programs, right click SIMATIC S7-PLCSIM, click "Change" and repair the installation. Same thing for "STEP 7 V5.5+SP4 Professional 2010 SR4" too. I'm out of ideas for troubleshooting this.

You could try in Windows Control Panel -> Programs, right click SIMATIC S7-PLCSIM, click "Change" and repair the installation. Same thing for "STEP 7 V5.5+SP4 Professional 2010 SR4" too. I'm out of ideas for troubleshooting this.
Done that already.

Me too. I will just go get the test PLC out of the cupboard and email Siemens.