Communication through Profibus Problem

aprilchu

Dear All,

i have some questions about profibus Communication .

I used Simaticn s7-300 CPU 314 (6ES7 314-1AF10-0AB0)
Also I brough device SIMATIC NET CP 342-5 (6GK7 342-5DA02-0AE0)

I need send some data to a PC from CPU through profibus. I know I should use this device to do that . But I don't know How to Config this device in Software and hardware connection.

Also, do I need to write any program in order to transfer data thorugh profibus? Or calling any funcyion blocks?

Do any website teaching Profibus or Modbus ?

April

Hello!
If you communicate with another PLC you will need to write some program (send/recive).
If you use a PC it will ususally use the S7 communication that does not require any programming on the PLC side, only if you need routing through PLC:s you will need to add the pC in the network settings.

Usually if you have a PC the PC-program will "poll" the PLC for data with the rate that is configurated.
Maybe it´s possible to "send" data to the PC but then you will need to configure the PC with the appropiate program?

For the teaching you can download manuals from the Siemens homepages, where you can find examples of the communication.