Need Really Quick Help

crowdju

I have 3 timers that I am using to activate 3 output lights with switches. Here is my theory. If light one is on then that means switch 1 is active. Simple. However I want to setup if switch two is active then light one goes off and light two comes on. I am using 10sec with TON to turn my lights on with my switches. thats about all i got. thanks

can try to upload pdf , light 1 - 3 are floors 1 - 3
two lights cant be active at once b/c an elevator cant be in 2 places at once. so what i wanna do is when switch 1 is active light 1 on, if switch 2 comes on the light 1 goes off within 10sec time frame an light 2 comes on. this indicates the elevator moved from floor 1 to 2

gimme a sec on code

So let me get this stright... Your simulating an elevator movement by using timers??

Let me suggest someting. Setup an up/down counter to be driven by two switched momentary inputs (up and down). when you toggle the UP input the PI (position indicator) will move to the next floor, and visa-versa for the down.

Now to drive the PI use the counter value to compare with the floor value to output to the disired output (inidicator light).

Last edited:
well after all the effort ive put into making a real one and its just not working, teach told me to make somthing " comprable " for a grade because a something working is better than a nothing

-uh

got kinda lost there man, its due in like 27min an it took me a min to think of this so im tryin to figure out how to fix this thanks

only got rslogix @ school but the comps its on doesnt have internet.
the security disallows access to a or d drive so i cant get that pdf thing on there so i cant print code. my labtop doesnt have a floppy or i- access so im sol tuff

sorry

Kid,

I'm not going to post my code for two reasons. 1) its propriatary. 2) It would be real confusing to a beginer, and have no relevence to the educational "elevator problem".

So if your willing to post some code of some sort showing that youve made some effort, I'd be glad to look at it and give you a few tips.

But not tonight, I'm going to bed.

Mike

Do you spell that way in college now ?

I could forgive an ESL student or someone overseas, but if you consider that the standard mechanism for technical communication you are going to be flipping burgers forthwith.

Dang, I'm getting old and crochety.

Ken Roach said:
Do you spell that way in college now ?

I could forgive an ESL student or someone overseas, but if you consider that the standard mechanism for technical communication you are going to be flipping burgers forthwith.

Were you referring to PLC Kid, or Mike?... lolis

beerchug

-Eric

QUOTE]two lights cant be active at once b/c an elevator cant be in 2 places at once
Uh what about the new quantum elevators - two floors at once and you arrive before you leave.

Or is that code proprietary also?[