Safety Guardlogix Controller

Prayder

Lifetime Supporting Member
When using an Allen Bradley safety guardlogix controller I know there is a signature needed for the safety aspect of the controller but what I want to know is will the controller operate without a signature? We had one installed by a vendor and we dont have the pro edition of studio 5000 to remove the signature but the vendor is going to remove the signature for us so i am trying to find out if a signature is actually required.

We have just had our first Guardlogix installed, and as we are still commissioning, the safety side of it has not been locked with a signature.
Runs OK as far as I can see.

We do have the required plug-in for Studio5000 (cost another £700), but only required if we want to modify the safety parts of the program.

We have just had our first Guardlogix installed, and as we are still commissioning, the safety side of it has not been locked with a signature.
Runs OK as far as I can see.

We do have the required plug-in for Studio5000 (cost another £700), but only required if we want to modify the safety parts of the program.

What is the required plug-in you are speaking of and do you have the pro edition or the standard edition?

Last edited: