Redundant IO for S7-400

Karsten

Hello,

I have a customer that requests Redundant IO for S7-400. I have only found solutions with ET200M modules. Is it not possible to configure redundant IO in the rack with the CPU? Does it have to be S7-400H even if the CPUs are not to be redundant?

I haven't come across this possibility. When you say redundant IO, are you looking into the F modules?

Some of the modules have other types of redundancy. I think the idea is that you can have two analog cards testing the same sensor, to ensure that even if one fails, you still get a read. The PLC handles it in the background, so you only need to worry about one IO address.

I haven't worked with it much though. I've only seen it in the ET200M family while configuring other things, but it might exist in the S7400 IO as well.

Some of the modules have other types of redundancy. I think the idea is that you can have two analog cards testing the same sensor, to ensure that even if one fails, you still get a read. The PLC handles it in the background, so you only need to worry about one IO address.

I haven't worked with it much though. I've only seen it in the ET200M family while configuring other things, but it might exist in the S7400 IO as well.

Different types of redundancy, the Y coupler is usually for an H station to reach the same modules. But for the signal redundancy, if I remember correctly you'd have to use F modules where you can have 1oo2, etc... set up.
But it's been a while since I looked at it.