ask for suggestions

Lil Saleh

Dear friends
If we have line production and this line has automation system with SCADA.
and we want to make the owner to monitor some of the parameter and status from a room about 500 m distance from the control room.
we want to make small project in wincc differs of the original project.
what is the best way to do this.

Thank you

Is the 500 m in "Line of Sight"? If so, and this is all you want to do!!! I would probably setup a wireless bridge between the 2 endpoints. (This equipment will cost about $200.00 USD) for the pair. This equipment can be programmed to only communicate with each other at the "MAC" level so hacking would be almost impossible.

Once the network has been extended, you can do anything you need just as if you was in the same building.

Simple, cost effective!!