PowerFlex 525-Getting"Data Value Out of Range"when downloading in Drive Tab in 5000

PowerFlex 525-Getting"Data Value Out of Range"when downloading in Drive Tab in 5000

Good Afternoon ,

I started a thread last week. I am using RS Logix 5000 with PowerFlex 525 drives. I am adding Output Current , Voltage , DC Bus Voltage , and Fault 1 Code , after clicking the "Change" button. I think I am doing this right. In the PowerFlex 525 Properties I am trying to download , within the Drive tab , to the PowerFlex 525 , and I keep getting a yellow bar , and a message " Data Value Out of Range ". I haven't seen any information on this. What could cause this ?

The steps , I assume , are to go offline, Click Change in the General Tab , make your selections in the "Drop Downs" , go to the Drive Tab , and download , correct ? Then I guess I download the entire application. I imagine I may have some issues with version , and IP address , correct ?

Thanks again for your help.

Hi,

What may be happening here is that there is an active connection between the drive and the controller. So the drive is under the control of the controller i.e. the drive status is owned. When owned and running the drive will not permit its Datalinks to be modified.

Try first inhibiting the drive offline, save and download. Then attempt to download the new Datalinks. If sucessful, obviously, don't forget to revert the inhibit status.

You can also try plugging out just the controller and letting its connection to the drive time out. Then make your changes to the drive. Reconnect the controller and then download the modified project.

Regards,
George

Last edited:
Thanks for the thanks, but do you mind sharing where you are at with this? Did you get it working or are you still trying things?

I've just read your other thread for the first time, with interest. The key here, as some of the guys are pointing out to you in the other thread, is that you have inform both the controller and the drive, separately, of your intended changes.

In the controller, the drive module instance is updated by you editing the Datalinks, saving and downloading the changes to the controller. This just updates the controller's drive module instance.

In the drive, the actual Datalinks are updated by you editing the drive's Datalinks, somewhere, in software, such as RSLogix 5000 or Logix Designer, CCW, etc., and then downloading the changes to the drive itself.

The simplest method tends to be performing the Datalink changes once via the drive module instance in the controller project, using the normal controller download to update the controller, and then additionally using the "Drive" tab download to update the drive.

All the while hoping that you don't screw it up somwhere along the way and end up with a mismatch!

But, screwing things up first is often essential in nailing things down.

G.

Little update (for prosperity if you are already sorted)...

I've since found this...

562759 - PowerFlex 523/525 Getting error Data Value Out of Range during offline download
Access Level: Everyone

I knew I had seen this one before. Note how they point out that you can force the download by clicking on the Blue magnifying glass in the error popup window and then choose "Ignore". You may see the error message a couple of times as the download progresses, but you can keep "Ignoring" them.

G.

Thanks for the explanation , George. I did get all 3 drives downloaded . It was cumbersome. I am glad you seen that tech note . I will look at that tomorrow. Thanks Sir,