Converting Float32 to Actual Value

jjdizon17

I am current connecting a Schneider pm5100 Digital Power Meter to a PLC using modbus connection, my prime objective is to get the actual Value of the Digital Power Meter and reflect it to SCADA. I got a problem in getting the actual value. I am getting this kind of DATA which has a lower bit and higher bit. Should convert it to get the Actual Value? or what formula should use? BTW I m using Micrologix1400 and RSLogix 500
dRiZcF

Which addresses are you Modbus values falling into

I think copy COP will do the trick

If it is 2 words
COP N15:0 F8:0 2 this should move the data into a float file and display it as such

Last edited:
it falling to an integer table. i am going 2 get byte for a single parameter for example. N11:0 and N11:1 are the modbus register for a parameter. My problem is I dont how to get the actual value using the modbus register

Try COP N11:0 F8:0 2

use any free F8 address

also is the value doesn't come out you will need to verify the bit order being sent out by the meter

Last edited:
depends on what you mean by decimal.

Decimal in the context of a plc is a base10 number

if you mean decimal as a fractional number that is what a floating point refers to while integer refers to whole numbers.

1 2 3 100000 8934892 are integers and we will assume decimal since no special identifiers were given.

1.0 2.0 1.1214 2.4242 are all examples of floating point numbers.

I think you have to use CPW instead of COP in the 1400. And, unlike the COP, where the length is based on the destination data element size, the length for a CPW will need to be based on the source address, so 2 times the number of floats

Last edited: