How to get the torque from the Kinetix 300

Xu MingJiu

I have the Kinetix 300 drives and control logix L63. The communication with ethernet. How the get the torque from the Kinetix 300 drives?

Would it be MyServo.LoadObserverTorqueEstimate

Also read this in one of the manuals:
Kinetix drives use current sensors to measure motor currents which can be used to estimate (approximately) the motor torque, since torque is related to current through torque constant (Kt). Thus, if you use the current signals and Kt, you can get a good estimate of the actual motor torque, but only up to motor rated current.

Last edited:
Would it be MyServo.LoadObserverTorqueEstimate

Also read this in one of the manuals:
Kinetix drives use current sensors to measure motor currents which can be used to estimate (approximately) the motor torque, since torque is related to current through torque constant (Kt). Thus, if you use the current signals and Kt, you can get a good estimate of the actual motor torque, but only up to motor rated current.

Hi Jax
Thank you for your reply. But I don't know what about MyServo.LoadObserverTorqueEstimate. Where are this parameter?
Could you share Demo program to me if you have.

Last edited:
I try to test program. But I find. if I used L63 of ControlLogix controller. The configuration in the Studio 500 just only has 2097-V33PR3. If I used L36ERM of CompactLogix controller. The configuration in the Studio 5000 has 2097-V33PR3 and 2097-V33PR3-LM for select. I don'w know what's the different.