Siemens Profibus CP342-5 Card??

RPax

Hi, this is probably a shot in the dark but is there anyone out there that has used a Profibus CP342-5 card. I'am trying to use the Siemens FC3 Function that retrieves diagnostics from the card but am having problems obtaining a list with diagnostics.

In the Dtype 0 Mode, it gives back a station list of stations that have been configured incorrectly, disconnected from the profibus line etc however it will not report back a slave with diagnostics such as a slave with an analog card with an overvoltage error.

In the Dtype 1 Mode, it will report back diagnostics similar to above ie disconnects, overvoltages etc which is what I'am looking for but it will only give the most recent error. So if 2 or 3 errors of such kind existed then only the most recent one is reported.

Is there anyway I can simply get a complete list of slaves with diagnostics using this function so I can report back to a scada system. Appreciate if anyone has anything on this.

Just something from memory, Im sure you can download a function block called FB125 which covers profibus slave failure amongst other things.

hope this is some use to you

steve