Christmas

Numbers33:3

N
Can anyone tell me how I could write a PLC program using RSLogix500 with a plc5/20 processor. I need to write four 5 minute pattern routines that will control Christmas lights that display around a 64 strand tree. The color strands that I am using is Red,White,Blue, Multicolor. The first routine I want to write a routine that will have a knight rider effect. Another routine that will have a richeot effect. I would like another routine to display a red,white,blue effect like a flag pattern. Lastly a routine that will have ferris wheel style pattern. Can you please give me information how to write the programs for the ladder logic for the routines. Can you please include ladder logic programs. Thank you for your time.

Numbers33:3 said:
tell me how I could write a PLC program using RSLogix500 with a plc5/20 processor.

You could probably write the PLC program in RSLogix500, but as far as downloading it, you'd better get a SLC 500. :)

Last edited:
That is a better answer, there isnt that much of a difference except you will need the right RSLogix when connecting to the PLC.

The main point is that what you want to do could be a very time consuming project, most here get paid or at least try to get paid.

Many will be glad to assist but it requires more effort on your part.