Getting Siemens PLC Pricing Info on the Internet

David Torrens

I work 120miles out at sea off Brazil.
WE recently got connectd to the internet.
Most things I can find a site somewhere where I can find out the cost etc.
I have the Siemens info CDs and can get info on what bits to get ...

BUT

There does not seem to be any easty way for me to put together a complete list of all the bits one needs for a PLC system and to get a price for all th bits.

Can anyone direct me to the best place to go....

The reason for this is I need to compare the cost of a PLC based solution to a 20 Analog in 10 Analog out signal processing problem with other simpler solutions.

I tried a google search and several others, and came up with nothing.

I can find many other brands, but no siemans.

Maybe our resident google expert can find something.

Are they (Siemans) easy to come by out in the middle of nowhere?

Maybe Mike has the right idea.

regards.....casey

Sorry Siemens not Siemans

kc9ih said:
I tried a google search and several others, and came up with nothing.

I can find many other brands, but no siemans.

Maybe our resident google expert can find something.

Are they (Siemans) easy to come by out in the middle of nowhere?

Maybe Mike has the right idea.

regards.....casey

Sorry I keep doing that its Siemens not Siemans

You will find huge amount of info at http://www4.ad.siemens.de/

but I cannot find simple pricing info or help to get all the bits.

It's highly likely that there is no rigid price structure for Siemens gear. In Central Scotland I can go to several places within the area, or down south and get varying prices for the same kit from them all, including dealing with Siemens in Manchester. And you can bet their prices are different than in Europe, even taking tax, exchange,etc. into account. If I was offshore I would have my preferred supplier/vendor/agent set me up with a comprehensive list. If I have a job where I need a few bits and bobs (not just a replacement for a breakdown) I get 2 of them to give me a quote and the cheapest goes in my proposal.

If you ask your Siemens rep to get you an account at Siemens Online Shop . You can get prices (With your discount), order and get actual delivery status ex order in process order pickt up by speditor.

Gees Why make it so Hard

OK thanks I went to the Web site and registered as if I wanted to be a regular customer and my application has gone in and I suppose when they return to work on Monday we may get a responce and I can fiund out how much bits cost.
This may be OK for their regula=r customers but why make it so hard for the occasional buuer simply to find out how expensive Siemens stuff is.

I had a good hunt round the internet, but couldn't find prices anywhere, which suggests that Siemens prices differently in different markets.

In Germany, Siemens issues a catalogue CD-ROM (actually 2 in the last version) which does include prices. Ask your local rep if there is a CD-ROM catalogue available for your market. If that doesn't work, I could always have a go at copying our catalogue and send you a copy - I can't imagine Siemens will have copy-protected it. While the prices may not be directly appropriate, it would probably do as a guide.

Send me a PM if you can't get a copy from your rep.

even though, I have a rep in my area(25 minuts away by car), I email
him with an inquiry and he replies an email back with prices and details, check if the closest rep to you has this facility :rolleyes:

🍺

Hi David,

There's a separate price list CD to complement the CA 01 CD catalog that you have....I've zipped it up and its only about 3MB....I'll send you a PM with the url

Kevin H