XPand dos software

juad

HI
I need help to use my old dos software for westinghouse plc with XP
operating system ,another proplem is when I start the computer with startup disk (dos startup)the application work but i cannnot see the hard disk (the c patatition is 4G).
thanks.

XP has NTFS partitions, DOS can only access FAT partitions.

You would have to create a seperate FAT partition, and then move your DOS stuff to there. XP can read and write to a FAT partition.

You could also create a dual booting machine.

Do a search on dual boot and you'll find lots of hits.

Ken

You can also try 'virtual machine'. This is software what creates a program on your xp-computer that emulates an other operating system like xp or win98 or dos....whatever you want. This program will be saved as a file on your harddisk so next time you can use this 'virtual machine' next time again. But what this cost i do not know.....

HI
thanks to moore and maenen but the problem still
the paration I use is allready FAT the software did not work take in mind that the software is 16 bit and iam not shore that the dual booting can be xp and dos that as I know the dual boot with XP must be at 32 bit correct my information if I am wrong please.
MAENEN please I have no information about that VIRTUAL MACHINE any
other information to download this software .
thanks again.

You can use a program called Partition Magic. You can use it to create any kind of partition you'd like, and create a dual boot drive. Beware, you need version 8.0 or higher to work properly with WinXP. You can create this partition without wiping the master boot record, and you theoretically won't loose your data. I use it all the time, but beware of the ver 8.0 thing with XP, or you will certainly lose everything. It's far easier than using FDISK.

Greg