Errors with PanelView 900 Downloads

boiler-todd

Hi,

I have a question that I hope someone can solve. I uploaded a panelview program from a PV900. I added a few fault messages and tried to down load it back to the HMI. I keep getting an error "Deleting Object Transfer Blocks". Now all my PB objects just come back on the screen as a garbled mess of lines instead of looking like an AB PB or SW. The program was saved as a .PBA file. When I do a save under a .PVA file the same results happen. I get the error message and the .PVA file PB all look garbled.

Can anyone Explain and tell me corrections???

Thanks,

Boiler-Todd.

My actual error message states, "Unused Block Transfer Channels Will Be Removed (dxlrio.cpp, 1501)". The graphics were all on the screens when I did the download. I am running Panelbuilder32 3.80. This panelview has not has any changes down to it for at least three years. Is this a software upgrade issue?

The graphics drop down menu box is grayed out but I was able to import the graphics onto my laptop screen. Just when it downloads does everything go hay-wire.

Thanks,

Boiler-Todd.

That definitely sounds a little odd..... The fact that your graphics menus were grayed out suggests that the versions don't match, but 3.80 should be fine..?? I did run across a tech note that said applications created with 2.60 weren't compatible with later versions of panelbuilder, but according to the tech note it just wiped out the tag database.
knowledgebase article
Don't think this is your problem, however.... Maybe someone else will jump in later with some better ideas.

just a shot in the dark but..

try uploading and saving it as a version 2.6 pba.

then convert it to the latest version and do the changes?

worth a try..

i had to do this when try to make changes to a 3.8 upload
and i only had 3.7...
different problem but might work.
mark :D