PLC2/16 wirting to EEPROM

Contr_Conn

I made some ladder changes at one of my customers with PLC2/16 (ser B).
I knew that EEPROM was in so I did EEPROM write porcedure using KEY SWITCH: PROG>MEM>PROG>MEM - Green or Red light supposed to come but nothing happened.
Memory protect jumper was in place.
I removed battery and old program came back - so no EEPROM writing was perfomed.
I took this EEPORM out - it is better to loose program that run old one.
Any ideas what was missing?
Just don't offer to upgrade to PLC5 - he will not do it.
Thanks.

Just a quick update:
I tested EEPROM with PLC2/17 I found off-site and got a Green light while programming was going on.

So looks like EEPROM is OK.
What can be wrong with processor?

Sorry I can't help you. I've never had any dealings with the PLC-2's.

However, you posted your question on Saturday, and perhaps someone will be able to help you during this week.