Free USB pen drive from Allen-Bradley

Well I hope I'm in the top 500!! lolis

So is there more info on my new USB drive or do I have to wait and see? Hope is not 10mb or something like that.

I am probably 1001. Have to have a go, not often you get something for nothing from AB.

They sell the USB drives at my local PC shop

the cheapest, and it is also a pen is £14 (approx $20)
and is 128MB. Plenty for all you plc progs

I have a 1.5 Gig USB drive (USB 2) (£70 - $100)

They are no bigger than a black marker pen top. The beauty of them is, you just plug them in and they are recognised and working within 2 seconds. You can also just plug them in someone elses computer and have access to all your files (ideal for updating everyones copy of the latest program update)

I keep everything I might need on that including all my software cd disks and windows XP disk and PDF manuals.

I once had my laptop fail and needed a full reinstall of the operating system and everything. I was on the job and miles from the office. I had to go back and spend the afternoon looking for all the disks and re-installing.

I got one from an Automation Fair

32mb that had a lot of sales pitch stuff. The connector was plastic and the thing was not much worth. Better off going to BestBuy and getting a good one.

I love my pen drive I have.....It is handy for CLX files, as they are too big for a floppy.....I registered for the cheap looking AB one, we'll see if I'm under 501.

Why are most PLC software files so large? I know what you mean Greg. I have a project saved in Omron CX-Programmer that includes 9 networked PLCs to run an automatic base load power station. The printout is about 1500 pages on US fanfold paper. The file size is a paltry 331k. That includes symbols and descriptions but no commenting. All commemnting of the program was required in Word with references to the respective rungs. Bloody stupid frankly but that was the specification.

More manufactureres should look at doing something about these ridiculous file sizes.

I haven't heard a thing. Not even a confirmation email or any literature by mail...
Maybe they had Magnum PI check up on me and saw that we only use Siemens???