Using Virtual Machine for RSView32

Omightyzero

Hello, Everyone,

Started a new job and this is my first time working with RSView32 realized the laptop given to me is 64bit, and RSView32 can't run on it. I wanted to know you guys thought about using RSView32 on a Virtual Machine like VMWare.

Is there possibly a better alternative?

Should I install Windows 7 32bit or Windows XP?

How much space should I allocate? It recommends a lot for Windows XP (40GB)

Thanks,

Omighty.

VMWare if you are new to virtual machines, virtualbox works but is a little less user friendly.

The one thing I'll warn you about WinXP VMs is you have to get a windows license and the further we get away from WinXP the harder I find it to get a license. I now have a box of unopened WinXP CDs I found that I use for emergency licenses.

You want at least 4GB of RAM for most VMs and the hard disk space you have to remember is more or less a real system so a lot of space usually needs to be allocated.

The host computer should have at least 8GB RAM (32GB is better) and at least 250GB SSD (500GB or 1TB is better).

EDIT

Check to see what your RSView32 version is compatible with.

Last edited:
The one thing I'll warn you about WinXP VMs is you have to get a windows license and the further we get away from WinXP the harder I find it to get a license. I now have a box of unopened WinXP CDs I found that I use for emergency licenses.

But microsoft released xp mode for free without any license if you're on win7? Works like a charm with vmware workstation player.

Edit: But it sounds like you need a lot of machines anyway and this wouldn't be a solution for that. You can only run one machine/win7-host at a time this way..

Last edited: