how to add new module in rslogix 5000

Mteller

Hello,
I'm new to the PLC world. We are adding a Keyence cv-x152f to one of our lines. We want to talk over ethernet/ip. I see how to add the module but after I add it, it has a fault with a yellow triangle (code 16#03150) connection request Error: invalid segment type. we are using rslogix 500 v 16.03. Do I have to add it to RSlink too?

Are you using a generic module definition? or was it a EDS supplied by Keyence? If generic, do you have the input and output assembly instances and sizes correct?

No, but you may want to delete it and re-install it with RSlinx instead of Studio/RSlogix. There is another thread that just finished indicating a problem when installing from Studio/RSlinx.

Some other diagnostic suggestions:

Can you ping the Keyence device?

Does the Keyence device ethernet/ip configuration have a map of 255.255.255.0?

If the input and output assembly sizes are adjustable, do they match the PLC and vice-versa?

I took it out of RSlogix. I can see it in RSlink and loaded the EDS file. Do I now have to add it to the RSLogix to get my inputs and outputs in the tags and be able to use them when programing. If not how do I see the inputs and outputs from the CV-100. Thanks for all the help!!!!!!!!!!

I have added it as a Generic Ethernet Module but get fault (code 16#0315) Invalid segment type. I set the Assembly Instance inputs/outputs to 100 and 101 picked randomly. Should Keyence proved these numbers? Or if Keyence has an AOP than I don't have to use Generic Ethernet module?

I found this You-Tube hit:

CV-X Machine Vision System: Setting Up EtherNet/IP Communication

with the following description:

"How to setup EtherNet/IP communication with the CV-X Series machine vision system and the Allen-Bradley ControlLogix/CompactLogix PLC using the EDS import function or a Generic Ethernet Module. "

I did not watch it, though it sounds promising.

The Keyence printed documentation was not too helpful being mostly about connecting to their own device.