AB PLC5 Error Help

umssyed

Hello,

I am trying to go online with our PLC5 and the error that we get is:

ERROR

PCL_Link ExtStatus returned an error code of 11

DESCRIPTION

Access Denied, Privilege Violation - Privilege not granted to perform function, or memory may be protected with DIP S8 on backplane. May also indicate an out of memory condition on NP5's. DIAG 0B:50

SEVERITY

The current operation can not be completed

How do we fix this issue? I have looked into the dip switch 8 (processor memory protection) - im not sure if the processr memory should be disabled or enabled?

Thank you

Hi, are you using a RIO configuration, that is maybe an ANEX module and using the PLC 5 as a scanner? I had this problem a few years back and I believe it was because there were too many Ethernet devices on the network, thus the error code.
If you are using Ethernet communications, try pinging the processor and the interface module to be sure all communications are working. Sorry I can't be of more help.