Factory Talk ME

rootcon

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am currently using FactoryTalk View ME release 9
Is there a way to control the opacity of a symbol Factory pipe object? I would like to go something along the lines of if X == 0 then visibility = 40% elseif x == 1 then Visibility = 100%

The pipes are a collection of rectangles. You can control the color animation of each individual rectangle to change the look. Select your pipe and use Ctrl+U to ungroup. This will give you access to each rectangle that is used to create that shape. Right click on the rectangle to access animation for that object.

The software designers at Rockwell are still hard at work researching the mouse scroll wheel, much too busy to get to opacity at this time. Give them a few more years.

The software designers at Rockwell are still hard at work researching the mouse scroll wheel, much too busy to get to opacity at this time. Give them a few more years.

I have not tried it with FCTME View Studio, but with Panelbuilder32 this utility will overcome the limitations of the tag editor not allowing wheel scrolling:

http://download.cnet.com/KatMouse/3000-18491_4-24138.html

I do have to turn off the utility when I am in AutoCAD but that is easy with a tray icon and aside from that, I found it pretty useful...

A guy from rockwell support told me they are working on it and apparently it will come with the next release :geek: :geek:
Better 15 years late then never (y)

I have not tried it with FCTME View Studio, but with Panelbuilder32 this utility will overcome the limitations of the tag editor not allowing wheel scrolling:

http://download.cnet.com/KatMouse/3000-18491_4-24138.html

I do have to turn off the utility when I am in AutoCAD but that is easy with a tray icon and aside from that, I found it pretty useful...

Yes, it really works great with FactoryTalk View Studio. Something i was missing a lot when working with FTV. Thank you very much.
Edit: in the Settings for KatMouse you can disable KatMouse for specific applications, as described in the help.