Configure FTV SE Refresh button

asalunk

Hello,

I am using Factorytalk View SE Ver.9. I want to know how SE client refresh button configure? I want to modify screen without closing the client.

1. Open Studio, and edit the display. Save your change.
  2. In the client, navigate away from the screen you plan to edit.
  3. In the client, navigate back to that display and the changes will be implemented.

No need to close the client, you just have to move away (close) the windows and then navigate back to reopen it.

OG

That will work if your display is not set to cache after opening.

On the display you're editing, right click on an empty section of the display and select Display Properties. Somewhere in there is a checkbox for "cache display after opening" or something similar.

Basically, this means that the first time a client opens that particular display, it will request the display from the HMI server, and then store it in the local cache on the client. The next time that display is required, it doesn't have to go back to the HMI server to request it again, it just gets it from the local cache and then goes to the Data server for the data. The primary benefit to this is that the display loads significantly faster (after the first time, of course).

The downside is that if you make a change on your HMI server, your client won't know, because it's not going back to check - it just loads the cached version.

To get around this, you just need to clear the local cache.

Somewhere on one of your displays, create a button and have it run the command "FlushCache" (without quotes). When you click this button on any client, it will clear all displays out of the local cache, so the next time you open a display, it will be forced to go back to the HMI server and load the display again, and will therefore pick up any edits that have been made and saved on the HMI server.