S7-1200 HMI recommendation

dwoodlock

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a retrofit project coming up with a press of ours, Current setup is an Omron that went up in smoke, so I'm going with my bread and butter which is currently s7-1200.

We have recently been buying refurbs from our HQ in Germany, but we don't have time to go that route, so I am trying to do it internally. I planned to use a MP177 HMI with the project, but after placing the PO I was informed that that HMI is only available in a Refurb from Siemens......o_O

The reason I spec'd the MP177 is it had available dial indicator graphic which can be used as an Encoder readout, which is useful when working with presses. Wondering if anyone has any information on what the newer equivalent might be. I am running low on time, so I may even consider another brand that easily interfaces with profinet.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Thanks JRW,

I reached out to siemens to get some input from them. They advised the TP as well, however apparently the 6" panels were never in vogue. Trying to rework without reinventing the wheel leaves me with space constraints which is why I was going for the 6".

P.S. I was always under the impression that for higher end siemens stuff we were stuck with one local main distributor. I was recently talking to a contractor doing some controls for me and was informed that the game has changed and the full line is available through additional local sources, did you hear about this?