Mitsuboshi FX3S won't let me use eeprom backed counter

bigmuz

I am trying to use counters C16 to C32 whch are eeprom keep type counters. GX Developer won't compile and says I am using a system reserved parameter. I have tried low and high k values but it still won't compile.

I can use C1 to C15 no problems and C200 does exactly what I want with 32 bit counting but there are no eeprom backed 32 bit counters.

Otherwise is there another way to get a keep counter for 32 bits (not high speed, I want to count every time an M bit goes from low to high).

Thanks in advance!

Ahh, now I have the same problem with a timer. It won't compile as it says I am using a reserved parameter. Is this a global/ local label problem maybe? I've tried the various options for labels but can't get it to work.

Ok, so the device automatic settings were the issue. I just changed the ranges to avoid the timers and counters I wanted to use. Tools- Device/label automatic assign settings.

I'd still really like a retentive 32 bit low speed counter, any ideas?