1756-EN2T not sending the packets, communication lost

Hello All,

I have an EtherNet 1756-EN2T module connected with L75 processor.
From last few days I am facing a problem, the data which I send to a database server through 1756-EN2T card suddenly stops.
When I ping the EtherNet card, it replies but data packets send and received is zero which I checked through webpage.
The SCADA connected through this card is also stops showing actual PLC values.
How I can check further as I am getting the ping reply but actually device is not communicating.

Is anyone have faced such type of problem...pls advice me

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

In general, controllers don't just stop communicating with computers for no reason.

What kind of SCADA and database interface software are you using ?

Does the driver software provide any sort of indication that suggests the ControlLogix has stopped responding to its commands ?

PING is a poor diagnostic tool. Observing the embedded Web page is certainly a better way to assure that the 1756-EN2T is still on the network, as is connecting using RSLinx to verify that the EtherNet/IP network port (TCP Port 44818) is still available through whatever route the SCADA and database software takes to get to the controller.

Edit: This is probably an RSSQL system you have been trying to diagnose for many weeks. If you have an old thread on the same topic, it's best to re-open it so reader can benefit from previous discussions.

Please provide any additional information you have about how long between connection failures, and any diagnostic information from RSLinx Classic, and any information you've been able to measure with the Task Monitor Tool or other methods for monitoring the connection usage and breakage/re-establishment on the 1756-EN2T.

Last edited: