How would i put this in a plc ? I am using allen bradley and rslogix pro 500

Gabru

1.the black switch is master start/stop switch
2. When red pushbutton is pressed once, both motor 1 and 2 should run continuously
3.if you close thermostat switch, and press green pushbotton once, motor 1 should run continuously

kindly help me with this problem.

all of the devices should go to DI... one per push button. Thermostat, if dry contacts, would be DI as well. If using temp readings, should either be an analog or thermocouple module.

as far as programming, what do you have worked out so far?

Also, is this a real world app, or is it homework?

its a homework assignment and i have been stuck at it for 3 days now. i can get part 1,2 and 4 (i dint put 4 since i've done that) but part 3 is what i am having major problem with. a logic diagram for this would be really helpful.

Gabru,

you're almost there.
you said that you had part 2.
part 3, close a thermostat switch and push a button once to run only motor 1
continuously.
its almost the same as #2, only you are running motor.

Hint.
create the logic for motor 1 and motor 2 on separate rungs.
motor starter logic is independent of each other in plc programs.

show your work, and we will guide you in the right direction.

james