RSLogix5000 Function Block Wire Auto-Routing

Zlinger

I'm modifying my first function block program in RSLogix (I've only done ladder and ST on the AB PLCs before). The existing program looks like a Family Circus cartoon in places. Wires that should be very short are wrapped all the way around the page three times before the land on a function block. What causes this? How can I keep my modifications looking like this when I have to come back and modify it again at some point?

You can (to some extent) drag the wire-lines where you want them.
Why does it do the insane things it does? Only Rockwell knows, and probably not even them.

Yeah, I can rearrange the blocks and wires easy enough, but it's just annoying and should be unnecessary. So far, I am not impressed with Rockwell's function block editor. Seems pretty clunky and glitchy.

Yeah, I can rearrange the blocks and wires easy enough, but it's just annoying and should be unnecessary. So far, I am not impressed with Rockwell's function block editor. Seems pretty clunky and glitchy.

I've never understood why it runs a "verify program" every time I cut and paste in the FBD editor. And "crazy line syndrome" is extremely annoying.

Still, I prefer able to use "insert" and a mnemonic rather than digging through tool boxes...