GE Proficy M.E. Hiding Numeric Data Entry Object

Bgc1369

I put a Numeric Data Entry Object(NDE) on my screen.
Then I made a rectangle(solid pattern).
Moved the rectangle over the NDE and set the rectangle to "bring to front".
I added the animation to the rectangle to enable visibility.
Then when I run the simulation, and the rectangle appears(which then I do not see the NDE) but the "hand pointing finger" still comes up and I can still click on the invisible NDE and change the value.
I do not want the "hand pointing finger" to see that the NDE is still invisibly behind the visible rectangle.
How can I accomplish really hiding the NDE so that it will not be able to be changed while hidden?

The NDE object is a holdover from the old Quick Panel hardware and is not as flexible as some of the other objects. a better choice would be to use a text object which can have conditional visibility as well as data entry. When it isn't visible you can't change the value. You also won't need the rectangle to hide it.

That is not working. I tried using the "Text Data Entry" object and it does not like a variable name that is from the PLC. It seems to want a select few variables (example #UserName, #ProjectPath. it does not want to use the variable that I am using in the Numeric Data Entry.