Stratix 8000 Configs.

jarvism

First real time posting. I got a project I'm working on, The company I work at uses multi. stratix 8000 and 8300 with version 12.55. My problem is we use 2 different configs. Each one depending on the perpis of the stratix I'm wanting to pull the configs off one that's working an place it in a new stratix that's being set up. I can do this in Rslogix 5000, But wondering if there was another way to copy them.

You can telnet into the switch and use the command line interface to print out the configuration and then copy it to the second switch.

I use PuTTY to telnet as it lets you scroll back and copy the configuration.

1. Telent into the switch
  2. enter your password
  3. type enable
  4. enter password
  5. type sho config
  6. The switch will print out the entire configuration.
  7. Copy the entire configuration into a text file.
  8. type exit
  9. telnet into the second switch
  10. enter password
  11. type enable
  12. enter password
  13. type config t
  14. enter password
  15. paste the file into the telnet session.
  16. exit

I did that list from memory so it might miss a step.

Also be aware if you change ip addresses or routing in the file you could lose connection and it will not complete successfully. Login to the new ip address and repeat again. But best if you manually change the second switch's ip address prior to beginning.