RedLion Crimson 3.0 Help

DavidD93

Hi,

I'm currently very new to both Crimson 3.0 and a very old Siemens TI505 PLC but I'm struggling trying to achieve my goal.

What I would like to do is at 06:00 and 18:00 for the HMI clock to activate a bit in my programme which will essentially reset a counter. (Shift clock). I've been told not to bother with the PLC inboard clock as it's rubbish and other machines have used the inboard clock but every time there is power downs or CPU changes it just loses it's time.

I am struggling to find any support online with Crimson 3.0 so any help would be great.

Thanks,
David

Set up a numeric tag with the Data Source as GetHour(GetNow())

This will return the clock hour. On the Triggers tab, set up Trigger One for Data Match and put the value at 6. In the action field, put PLC_Bit := 1 (where PLC_Bit is the tag in the PLC you want to turn on at 6 am.)

Set up Trigger Two the same way but use 18 as the data match value. In the PLC, perform your action when the bit is true and then reset it.

You could also put a tag in the data match fields to make the time of your actions adjustable at run time.