S7 error help

allscott

We are in the process of trying to set up a S7-300 and associated I/O using Step 7 V5.3.

In the hardware configuration menu when I try to change just about anything I get a "Library not registered" error.

Also when I try to change the profile from current to standard I get a "VisC++ runtime error- abnormal program termination:.

We are using win2k.

Does anyone have any ideas?
thanks for the help

No time to get the books/laptop etc. out - do you have the authorization installed. If so take it off back onto the floppy and reinstall again from scratch. If necessary do an uninstall and use a registry cleaner. Start afresh and during install use the correct certificate number. Install the authorization during the install and take it from there.

Thanks, we already tried reinstalling from scratch and have actually tried on two laptops. We have an authentication disk and everything appears to install OK. Everything in the software appears to work fine except the hardware configuration.

I don't know have this nothing to do with your problem, but seems to be that their have some competition with S & MS who can produce more files to my hard disc.

In my lap top, there ware more than 9000 files when S7/5.3 stops working and told 'you have no license'. Fortunately Jesper M told what to do in my case.

I have 256 Mbytes of RAM and in my friend laptop there are 512 Mbytes and those files ware more than 12.000 and it still works, but slowly, everything takes more than 6 seconds.

siemens.jpg

Got it,
We ended up uninstalling absolutely everything Siemens on our laptop (S5, protool, etc...) then reinstalling s7. Now it works.

thanks