Please help

Gman

I have been given an assignment from college to find out two PLC which could be used in a Automatic Car Wash.

First of all i don't even know what the hell is a PLC is and don't even know those car wash thing has one. Ok but i am not lazy and i've been finding stuff on the internet and got one of the PLC type i think is call TSX Nano. Don't know is a type of PLC that is used in a car wash or is it even a PLC.

So could any one please tell me any type of PLC that is used in a Car Wash machines if they know of any.

I would be really greatful and thanks. :D :D

The TSX nano is a PLC, although many refer to it as a programmble relay.

Other choices would be the AutomationDirect.com DL-06 (www.automationdirect.com) and the Allen Bradley MicroLogix 1000 (www.ab.com)

I strongly suggest you read the tutorial on this site (see the top of the page) so you get an idea about what PLCs are for!

Gman

I guess that your lecturer wants you to make a list of all your I/O requirements for the carwash amd then choose two PLC's that match the minimum requirements. After all, you could stick a Siemens S7 400 PLC in there, it would certainly works, but why spend £1000's on a 400 when a £200 S7 200 PLC would suffice.

Have a look at a car wash at your local garage and work out what input and output devices are used. i.e Red light when in use, green light when OK for next car to enter, light beam to indicate car stopped in correct position, etc. The link posted by Mickey covers this.

Armed with this information you can then select the correct PLC to use

Paul

Great thanks. i think i know those output thing and your right my lecturer did give me a list of stuff on the I/O. but he said to find any PLC that can be fitted in a Car Wash machine.
thanks for your help Tom ill look in to that automationdirect.com thing.