Changing from project-wide meassage numbering to CPU-wide numbering in S7

RMA

Because I'm still waiting for my 4 MB MCC card to come back from repair (3 - 4 week repair time!), I can't load my full program in order to test the first module. In order to get on with testing I created a smaller test project and used that instead.

Now moving on to further testing, I wanted to copy some more bits of the program and in the process, by clicking a bit too quickly, bonkhead changed the test project from CPU-wide message numbers to project-wide numbering.

I tried to change it back under "Modify(?) > Special properties" but that didn't work and in the help file it only talks about setting the Default for creating a new project.

Is there somewhere else I can change this back or do I have to go back and create a new project. Simatic manager won't let me copy any files over now, because of the different message numbering schemes. banghead

Panic over, I discovered if I copied the files one by one, there was no problem. It was only when I marked a whole group that Simatic Manger complained.

Still be interested to know if there is a way to change back though, even though it's not really a problem, since this is only a test program that will only be needed for a few days.

Update

I was a little too quick in saying that I'd solved the problem!

All went well until I tried to copy DB1 where I keep all my general odds & sods signals. Apart from the fact that it is DB1, it's difficult to see what's special about it. It's pretty big, but it's not the biggest (although all the bigger ones are Instance DBs). Whatever, Simatic Manager is adamant that it's not going to copy it over!

Reading the help file carefully (for a change?) which came with the alarm message, I got the answer to the question above. The solution is to save the project using "Save as" with "Reorganisation" enabled. (I've already set the default back to CPU-wide, as mentioned above.) At least I don't have to go back and redo everything from scratch!

Hi RMA,
Was the message when downloading something to do with the work/Load memory? I was working on a newer S7 CPU equiped with a 2mb mmc for the first time the other day and had all sorts of headaches with this.I tried to compress the program which didnt really help alot - In the end because it was a small CPU (312C) I rewrote a whole load of code to sort this out.

ill have to try saving with re-organisation next time see if that helps

Steve