4-20Ma Input to Stop a conveying sys

elitheei

I got to monitor the Amp's of a large shredder with a CT that puts out a 4-20 then as a result of a high amp condition shut down a cv feeding this shredder, I am using a MicroLogic 1200. I am an old Modicon guy .. what is the best way to sense this value in the "AB" world and shut it down on high amp and keep it down to the load drops. I looked at GRT blk ... if this is the right track .... whats the full scale of the signal coming in .... in Modicon its 4095 .. is it .. 65535 in AB or less .. ??? The help files aren't as useful you guys! Thanks in Advance,

The best way is to convert the input signal to engineering units using the SCP function. You need to know the full scale value of the amp transmitter - the amps at 20 mA output. I use the LEQ function, but the GRT will work just as well. I also use a time delay to avoid nuiscnace trips.

limit.jpg

Tom can you email a sample of what

you are doing, maybe if you can send me a few of the rungs I can plug that in or look it over. Thanks for the help

As a matter of policy, I like to keep everything on the forum so all can benefit equally, and when I have a mistake it can be caught by sharper eyes and minds.

If the text is hard to read, you can save it and blow it up. (Phil, how about allowing pdfs to be posted as well as jpgs and so on? It would be more convenient than zipping and so on.)

Last edited:
I wasn't trying to be lazy or offend

I wasn't smart enough about AB to realize that was all I need .... sorry guys I will be more careful in the furture ... rest assurd you can see by my orginal question ... no lazy bones on this end. If you need Modicon help feel free to ask .... I'm just new to AB, a little different world !!This is about a 5000 rung project so 2-3 more ... don't project laziness!!