new program: 5/05 and a Panelview+1000

tom_stalcup

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm working on upgrading our vacuum loading system for our bottle resin line, and since this is (almost) the first program I've had to write from scratch, I'd like to get inputs from everyone about different things to include in the program.
The resin system feeds three extruders, from either the re-ground material or the fresh material.
The existing system is a hardwired circuit board controller, that controls the vacuum pump and the solenoid valves feeding the extruders using inputs from the flapper switches.
I'm using a 5/05 processor, and it will be hooked up to a panelview plus 1000.
1. As soon as I finish reading the posts about FIFO's, I'll be setting it up so that the inputs are fed into a FIFO to control the (8) output solenoids :)
2. Each solenoid is controlled by a feed timer, which should be pretty much set in stone from the last 10 years of operation, but will still be adjustable from the panelview.
3. If there are no requests for feed for more than 10 seconds, the vacuum pump will turn on. Once a request comes in, the vacuum pump will turn on for (10, 30, 60???) seconds, and then the fifo should start cycling through the solenoid valves.
4. If after the timer for the station is done, and the feed request is still active for an additional (10, 20???) seconds, an alarm will sound.

Okay...... What else?