tsx 17 & tsx 27

zvic

Hi,

I need the PL7-2 software to make some modifications in the programs for tsx17 &tsx27 plc's. If anybody here has this software please contact me on pm.

I also need some information on the communicatin cable. I am interested if i can use a general rs232 to rs485 convertor for communicating with these plc's (i already made one for a s7200 and works ok). And does anybody have a connections diagram for the pins used on the connectors ?

I have a T407 terminal but no documentation for it. Please help me find someting about these terminal and the eprom cartridges used with it.

I tried with my local representant of Schneider but he told me that these are very old plc's and they have nothing about them - he will search but for the moment i have nothing.

Thanks

PL7-2 software was DOS based. The last version was part #TSXLPL712V5E.

Try this link for TSX17 literature. The T407 infomation may be in document TSXD12006E.

Yes, you can build your own cable.

TSX17 PC
DB15 RS485/RS232 DB9
7------|-- RX- RX --------- 2
|-- TX-
14----|--- RX+ TX --------- 3
|--- TX+
8--|------ SG SG --------- 5
15-| |- 7

Thank you for the link - very usefull.

I will try to make the cable and see if it works

Well, no luck with the cable i have. Now i'm trying to connect with my T407 terminal. I have the language cartridge but i don't have the cable for connection to tsx 17, only for tsx 27. With the tsx27 it works ok but for the TSX17 i have the same problem : identifying the pins.
The connector on T407 is dub15 male, for the tsx is a dsub15 female so the cable will be a dsub15 female to a dsub15 male. Can anyone tell me how to connect the pins ?

I managed finally but only with the help of a person who had all the software and cables needed. Short time after that i have replaced the plc's with Siemens s7-200.