Why can't I see my panelview?

G
I have an SLC 5/04 (1 dh+ and one RS232 port). I have connected a panel view to the DH+ and can see both the SLC and the panelview in RS linx when connected via the RS232 port.

However, when I connect a NET ENI module to the SLC and connect via ethernet, I can no longer see the Panelview??

Is it a configuration problem, or am I just not able to communicate ethrnet, rs232, DH+ to panelview?

TIA

A recent project I had with a SLC5/04 and a panelview 300, we needed to be able to download and view from a control room, couldn't open the panel because of the atmosphere. I had to connect one NET ENI to the SLC and one to the panelview with a ethernet switch in the panel and also had to have one in the control room.

In the first configuration, it sounds like you are using DF1/DH+ passthrough to access the DH+ network.

In RSLinx, the driver is set to use a Device Type of "1770-KF2/1785-KE". This means that the driver will try to browse node numbers from 00 to 64.

This is why you are able to connect to the SLC-5/04's Channel 0 serial port with DF1 protocol and browse to the DH+ network. The SLC-5/04 takes the incoming DF1 packet, inspects the destination node number, and forwards it on to the DH+ network.

By contrast, the serial port of the 1761-NET-ENI always works in "point to point" mode. It only sends packets to Node 1, which the SLC will reply to itself. Those packets don't get forwarded on to DH+.

You can do this sort of Ethernet/DH+ bridging with a Logix system, but not with a Net-ENI and a 5/04 with DF1 Passthrough.

No, there is no problem with your RSLinx configuration. Its just that in your first configuration, you are using the AB DF1 point to point communication protocol which is different to DH+ network protocol. Your SLC and Panelview communicates in the AB DF1 protocol. On the other hand, on the second configuration, you are using the AB KT protocol which passes through a KT or PCMK card. Your panelview is not included in the DH+ network.

Since Jmp2004a and I came to different conclusions about your actual configuration, you might want to post more details about how your system is hooked up.

More configuration details, about things like RSLinx DF1 settings and DF1/DH+ passthrough settings in the SLC, would also help.

I think my assessment was correct, but your posting didn't have enough details to assure that I am not making incorrect assumptions.

Sorry Ken. I agree with you. You assumptions are correct. I am only trying to point out that DF1 and DH+ are different protocol. As to what you have said, DF1 is only point to point communication.