Slc Sntp

GregPLC

A quick google search shows some information about synchronizing the time between some PLC5 processors, but has anyone done any research on SNTP with the AB SLC500 line?

I have other devices in the plant I can sync. to a SNTP server, to update the time. Particularily handy for the 2 time changes per year we experience in most places in the U.S. Just curious if anyone's come up with way of setting up SNTP directly or indirectly with a SLC processor. I haven't looked extensively yet on the net, just thought it would make for an interesting discussion. BTW, did you know there isn't an (s) in "daylight saving(s) time"?

TIA,

Greg

Hi,

I have synchronised different SLC's by using a MSG instruction (periodically, not continuously)to write directly into the address for the real time clock (eg. S40 - S42).

If you research this further, I think that you could come up with some code that would change the date (S37 - S39) for daylight savings time...