Electrical Drwaing-Practical Book

atatari

Hi guys,

I have been looking for a book that have electrical design samples.Like wiring for drive/softstart system with 4 contactor.Ofcource this is a easy one,but having a book that has some simple/complex drawing with troubleshooting and design hints is perfect.
does anyone know of such a book?

Thanks

This is probably not going to be much help, but Standards Australia has such a book titled "HB3 Electrical Drawing Practice for Students".
Of couse it is based on the Australian Standards, so may not be relevant to you.

Another method may be to talk to the suppliers of your equipment. Most of them would have sample drawings of how to setup their equipment. You could create a file for these drawings...

Hope you get some more replies, since I am interested in this subject as well.

Doug

No answer?

I thought this would be a subject that would be helpful for everybody...

Come on guys..There must be somebody out there using this book right now..

One of the best books I ever had for electrical schematics was a catalog from Allen Bradley, about 1973. Every product sold had a schematic, like a wye-delta starter, etc.

Lately, the best source I'v seen was a book from inter-library loan on industrial wiring, may have even been a text book, judging from questions in it. Name escapes me, I'll try an access the library system and find it.

I think that the best source would be a good industrial training book, I don't think that an electrical drafting book would be very comprehensive.

Last edited:
My favourite is "Practical Aspects of Electric Motor Controls" from Telemecanique....I don't think it's still in print but I found it on the 'net easily enough (abebooks.com)

another handy publication I use is Industrial electronics by Thomas E Kissell. However my favourite method of finding literature is to find a local trades training institution. Going to their library and purchasing the manuals they have on the shelf.