Step 7/ProTool favour!

Hi
One of my customer's has sent me a S7-300/Protool project, but it looks like it's all integrated. Is there any way I can open the Protool project? My protool won't open the 'PRO.pdb' file in the Zip.

Thanks

pp

Protool Project can use protool/Lite Previous 5.0. If you use protool/Pro v5.0 or 6.0 , it can't open.
huynt

I use the integrated method but I can still open them without. After unziping the archive, the ProTool Pro project is in the TDOP directory. Try opening protool first and loading the file from within protool. I usually use the Restore Archive in Step-7 in stead of unzipping but it should work otherwise. Are you sure the versions match?

Thanks for reply. If I try to open it, I get this error...

error.jpg

I'm trying to get the customer's version, but he's French. :rolleyes:

pp

What are you using to unzip the archive.. could it be that the archive is corrupt?

Are you unzipping the archive via Simatic Manager ie. using Retrieve, or are you using Winzip or similar?

It shouldn't matter whether the Protool was integrated or not... you should still be able to open the project. What may have happened is if it was made using Protool v6 Service Pack 2, you may not be able to open it in Protool v6... although not 100% sure..

:)

Pre SP2 cannot open SP2.
I think that the error message would be different (if the version is the cause), but strange messages in Siemens software is not unheard of.

You could PM me with the Protool program as I have SP2, but it will be some days until I get to my office PC.

strange messages in Siemens software is not unheard of.

One of the first things that was drilled into me, when I started working with computers 35 years ago, was that a fault message means you have a fault - just that, no more no less.

Whether the fault bears any relation to what the message text suggests is a completely different matter!