Symax model 50 software

Potter

Can anyone tell me what software/cable I need to back up or monitor the programme on a Symax model 50?
Also where is the software available from?
I read on another thread that the Symax PLCs are actually made by Idec, is the software the same as FA2J?
Also is the Symax 50 obsolete are are spares still available?

Last edited:
Symax Model 50 cannot use the IDEC software. The I/O modules are the same but the processors have different firmware.

The Model 50 requires an RS232 to RS422 convertor. You can buy a special cable from Niobrara R&D. I do not know if you can still purchase the Square D software which requires a DOS operating system.

Many of the Model 50 are still available from Square D.

Similar Topics

Today I was asked to asked to help the maintenence people get one of the machines up and running again. I have been retired 8 years and had not...
Replies
Views
Hello everybody! I am working on upgrading an exisiting PLC system comprising of a Symax Model 300 PLC. I am replacing it with an Allen-Bradley...
Replies
Views
I am working on a project to upgrade an exisiting system comprising of a Symax model 300 PLC. I have a backup of the existing PLC program. I need...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm a newbie with this technology so please bear with me. I cartake a rather large private property in Australia which (for it's time)...
Replies
Views
Square-D Symax SFI-324 I have used the SFI-510 card for many projects, but I came across a SFI-324. Does anyone have ant tech info on it?
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom