Comms to SLC 5/03 via 1746-UIC

technolog

Lifetime Supporting Member
I've made a successful connection to this machine before, only a few weeks ago. Now, RSLinx refuses to find it. I've tried two different 1746-UIC converters. I've tried two different ethernet cables (I'm right in thinking they're standard ethernet cables, aren't I? They certainly have RJ45s at both ends, I've rebooted. The switch on the UIC is in the correct position (RS485(DH485) -
closest to the green LEDs).

I think the problem might stem from when I was altering com port settings in Device Manager last week to try to establish communications between GML Commander and an AB 1394-SJT10-C servo drive.

Can someone tell me what the Device Manager com port settings are for their UIC, please? Any other help or advice would be gratefully received.

Disregard. I was using a Graceport-style connector on the panel door and the cable to it had been trapped and damaged by the door.